Job Title: Wasps Netball Academy Manager & Coach
Location: Ricoh Arena, Coventry – West Midlands-based
Report to: Wasps Netball Head Coach
Term: Full time / 2 years fixed term contract – start July/August 2019 until August/September 2021 (dependent on start date)
About the role
The England Netball (EN) Performance Pathway is evolving; the vision is to have the world’s most successful Performance Pathway, a simple statement with bold intent. EN and Netball Superleague (VNSL) teams are seeking a cohort of Pathway Coaches to be based out of the English NSL teams and deliver the Performance Pathway within these High Performance environments.
This is a partnership between EN and the VNSL, you will be working under the guidance of the Wasps Netball Head Coach and the EN National Academy Head Coach with opportunities for professional development in both environments. The dual purpose of this role is to manage the Wasps Netball Academy and to coach within the pathway, to develop future NSL players and ultimately Roses who are equipped to be world class players, striving for excellence and living and breathing a ‘Netball First’ culture.
Wasps Netball is looking to recruit a dynamic, motivated Academy Manager and Coach with a strong work ethic, passion for the game and proven experience of working in Netball Performance environments to help us deliver on our vision, mission and objectives; and to work as part of the Wasps Netball team to deliver the England Netball and Wasps Netball Academy Performance Pathway Programme, developing athletes of the right quality for NSL Team and England representative sides.
· Work closely with the Wasps Netball Head Coach, Wasps Netball Franchise Manager and England Netball National Academy Head Coach (NAHC) and Performance Pathway Manager (PPM) to establish and develop the EN/VNSL Club Performance Programme delivering the appropriate volume and quality of training.
· To be Head Coach of a team within the Wasps Netball Academy.
· Deliver a comprehensive training programme which will prepare athletes for performance competitions (VNSL/NPL/NPFL) and international events; aligned with WITTW and covering technical, tactical, physical and mental development in conjunction with the NAHC and NSL Head Coach.
· Manage the training schedule and load of athletes within the programme; work with club and educationally based coaches to ensure that training programmes and competition schedules are complimentary; support Performance Lifestyle and the fulfilment of personal goals.
· Work with the EN Performance Pathway Scientist and contribute to the Pathway Database as necessary.
· Lead on the screening of athletes into the programme in conjunction with Wasps Netball Head Coach and Scouts/Selectors where appropriate. In line with an agreed policy and talent development principles.
· Establish a network of entry points into the Wasps Netball programme. Liaise with County and Satellite Academy programmes/Club Coaches.
· Support other EN Performance Pathway activity and objectives as required by the England Coaching Team (eg. National Academy Camps/Positional Days), directed and agreed by the Wasps Netball Head Coach/PPM/NAHC.
· Attend a minimum of two England Netball CPD meetings annually.
· Ensure competitive opportunities with other VNSL Clubs or equivalent opposition to complement and prepare athletes for EN performance competitions.
· Work with Wasps Netball Franchise Manager on Academy financial planning and liaise with internal departments at Wasps to support the delivery of the Academy programme.
· Undertake role specific CPD as directed by the Wasps Netball Head Coach / National Academy Head Coach.
· Work with and oversee the work of Wasps Netball Academy Coaches.
· Abide by the provisions of the Wasps Netball and EN Equality and Diversity policies.
· Respect and promote the spirit and intentions of the Wasps Netball and EN Safeguarding and Protecting Young People in Netball policies.
· Undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the post and the needs of Wasps Netball and England Netball. As such, this job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline of the areas of work and will be subject to amends driven.
· Netball UKCC Level 2 (Completion of Netball UKCC Level 3 within an agreed timeframe) (E) · Experience of delivering training programmes covering technical, tactical, physical and mental development and knowledge of how to adapt this to meet group/individual player needs and KPIs (E) · Evidence of innovative and creative delivery and the ability to inspire players (E) · Current certificate in Safeguarding and Protecting Children (E) · Current First Aid Qualification (E) · Experience of working in a Netball Performance Environment (D) · A degree qualification (or equivalent) in one of the following related fields: Sports Coaching, Sports Sciences and Sports Medicine (D) · Demonstrable experience and understanding of writing an annual plan (D) · Knowledge of EN’s WITTW framework (D)
· A proven understanding of High Performance Sport and the role of the coach within a Netball Performance Environment (E) · Excellent technical coaching skills (E) · A winning mentality and an ability to embed a performance culture within a programme (E) · Excellent communication and engagement skills and the ability to coach with impact across the required range of age-groups (E)
· The ability to establish and proactively manage positive, trusting and respectful relations with players and key stakeholders (E) · The ability to lead and work within a multidisciplinary team (E) · The ability to support and be an advocate for the EN Performance Pathway (E) · Skilled in building rapport with key stakeholders (E) · Ability to articulate tactical changes and technical improvements to players in a pressurised situation in a concise and meaningful manner (E) · High level of competency when using IT systems (E) · Ability to work independently and with initiative (E) · Good time management skills (E) · Excellent planning, organisation and presentation skills (E) · Knowledge and experience of using video analysis (D) · Full UK Driving License (D)
Location · This role will be based in the Midlands with easy access to both Birmingham and Coventry. (E)
How to apply:
Please send your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Monday 17th June 2019
Interview Date: Friday 21st June 2019