Job Title: Wasps Netball Academy Manager & Coach
Location: Ricoh Arena, Coventry – West Midlands-based
Report to: Wasps Netball Head Coach
Term: Full time / 2 years fixed term contract – start July/August 2019 until August/September 2021 (dependent on start date)
About the role
The England Netball (EN) Performance Pathway is evolving; the vision is to have the world’s most successful Performance Pathway, a simple statement with bold intent. EN and Netball Superleague (VNSL) teams are seeking a cohort of Pathway Coaches to be based out of the English NSL teams and deliver the Performance Pathway within these High Performance environments.
This is a partnership between EN and the VNSL, you will be working under the guidance of the Wasps Netball Head Coach and the EN National Academy Head Coach with opportunities for professional development in both environments. The dual purpose of this role is to manage the Wasps Netball Academy and to coach within the pathway, to develop future NSL players and ultimately Roses who are equipped to be world class players, striving for excellence and living and breathing a ‘Netball First’ culture.
Wasps Netball is looking to recruit a dynamic, motivated Academy Manager and Coach with a strong work ethic, passion for the game and proven experience of working in Netball Performance environments to help us deliver on our vision, mission and objectives; and to work as part of the Wasps Netball team to deliver the England Netball and Wasps Netball Academy Performance Pathway Programme, developing athletes of the right quality for NSL Team and England representative sides.
· Work closely with the Wasps Netball Head Coach, Wasps Netball Franchise Manager and England Netball National Academy Head Coach (NAHC) and Performance Pathway Manager (PPM) to establish and develop the EN/VNSL Club Performance Programme delivering the appropriate volume and quality of training.
· To be Head Coach of a team within the Wasps Netball Academy.
· Deliver a comprehensive training programme which will prepare athletes for performance competitions (VNSL/NPL/NPFL) and international events; aligned with WITTW and covering technical, tactical, physical and mental development in conjunction with the NAHC and NSL Head Coach.
· Manage the training schedule and load of athletes within the programme; work with club and educationally based coaches to ensure that training programmes and competition schedules are complimentary; support Performance Lifestyle and the fulfilment of personal goals.
· Work with the EN Performance Pathway Scientist and contribute to the Pathway Database as necessary.
· Lead on the screening of athletes into the programme in conjunction with Wasps Netball Head Coach and Scouts/Selectors where appropriate. In line with an agreed policy and talent development principles.
· Establish a network of entry points into the Wasps Netball programme. Liaise with County and Satellite Academy programmes/Club Coaches.